Find a Service Center
Regular check-engine light diagnostics help ensure that your vehicle is in safe working condition
When the certified technicians at Goodyear Tire & Service Network locations perform engine diagnostics checks, they start by transmitting information from your vehicle's computer into a diagnostic tool. From here, the engine diagnostics service continues with the technician expertly combining the performance data with his/her experience to:
- Properly diagnose why your vehicle’s check-engine light is on
- Develop a recommendation to repair you vehicle
- Show you related symptoms, possible causes, and indicate the degree of urgency with which you need to get your vehicle serviced
- Reset the check-engine light
Check-engine light services are backed by the Goodyear Tire & Service Network Limited Warranty.
Why is regular engine maintenance important for my vehicle?
Many critical problems can go unnoticed, and are almost impossible for even a certified technician to pinpoint without a professional diagnostic tool. And if your check-engine light is on, engine diagnostic services are the best way to determine exactly why. There are a number of possible reasons for an illuminated and/or flashing check-engine light:
- Regularly scheduled engine maintenance (such as an oil change) may be due
- Sensors or brake system may require reset or adjustment
- Engine, electrical, or vehicle computer performance issues
How often should I have my engine serviced?
Your vehicle provides key information in dashboard lights. If the check-engine light is illuminated, you should take your vehicle into service as soon as possible.
However, for optimal vehicle safety and reliability, engine checks should be a part of your annual vehicle maintenance, even if no check-engine light is on or flashing.
For more ways to keep your vehicle in excellent condition, see Goodyear’s vehicle and tire maintenance guidelines.
Related auto services you may be interested in:
GOODYEAR TIRE & SERVICE
From routine maintenance to major automotive repairs, the expert services at more than 2,400 Goodyear Tire & Service Network locations are performed by certified technicians, use premium products, and are backed by the Tire & Service Network Limited Service Warranty.
Click on any service to see details.
- Air conditioning
- Belts & hoses
- Brake systems repair
- Check-engine light
- Fluid-exchange services
- Heating & cooling system
- Mufflers & exhaust
- Oil change, lube & filter
- Steering & suspension
- Vehicle Electrical Problems
- Tire installation
- Tire-pressure monitoring systems
- Tire repair
- Tire rotation
- Wheel alignment
- Wheel balance
- All service coupons
- Oil change coupons