How To Check Tire Pressure
Here are four simple steps to checking tire pressure:
- Tire Cool Down. Proper tire inflation should be checked when the tires haven’t been driven on for several hours and have had time to cool down.
- Vehicle Manufacturer’s Recommended Tire Pressure. Check manufacturer's recommended tire pressure on the door placard.
- Check Tire Pressure. Check tire pressure with an accurate tire pressure gauge.
- Inflate to Recommended PSI. Fill to each tire with air to the recommended PSI
How Often To Check Tire Pressure
When it’s important to check your tire pressure:
- Every 3000 mi./4,500 km to keep your vehicle driving smoothly and evenly, and therefore using gas more efficiently
- If you don’t use your car frequently, try checking your tire pressure every month
- Before any long trips
- During temperature shifts of 10 degrees or more