About This Battery Replacement Service
A scheduled battery service will be performed by the service technicians at a local Goodyear Tire & Service Network location to help ensure a long battery life with maximum effectiveness. Service includes:
- Performing a state-of-the-art computerized battery test
- Professional replacement of a new battery, if needed
- Properly disposing of the existing battery
- Removing corrosion from the battery-cable terminals
Car Battery Service: Common Questions
Why a Battery Service is Important.
Under-hood temperatures, vehicle vibrations, and extreme cold/hot climate conditions damage the internal components of a battery, limiting its life expectancy. If your battery fails, so does everything else.
How Often Should a Battery Be Checked?
The average life expectancy of a battery is about four years. However, if you experience any of the following electrical-system warning signs, it might be time to get your battery checked:
- You have to jump-start your vehicle to get it running
- Your engine turns over slowly, or not at all
- Your dashboard warning lights stay on
- Some of your electrical components aren't working