About This Drive Shaft or Driveline Service
Driveline services from the service technicians at your local Goodyear Tire & Service Network locations include:
- Measuring and refilling the transmission fluid
- Inspecting the constant velocity (CV) and universal joints for loss of lubricant or excessive movement
- Checking for noises or vibration during acceleration
- Drive shaft repairs and replacement as needed
Drive Shaft & Driveline Services: Common Questions
Why is a Car’s Driveline Important?
Driveline components are responsible for transmitting power from your engine and delivering the torque to your vehicle's wheels, to give you the most responsive handling and speed possible. Driveline mechanisms generally consist of the drive shaft and universal joints.
When Should a Vehicle’s Driveline be Checked?
- If you notice a vibration or rumbling noise when you're driving down the highway, you may be experiencing a driveline vibration
- Squeaking, grinding, clunking, or loud metal-on-metal chirping sounds can mean worn and/or unlubricated universal joints
- Be sure to check your owner's manual for specific recommendations for proper care, lubrication intervals, and lubricants to be used