About This Service
Flushing your radiator's antifreeze helps protect your engine from overheating.
Properly maintaining your vehicle's coolant system helps keep your engine, your radiator, and you at a comfortable temperature. When performed by the experts at any Tire & Service Network location, a heating and cooling system service entails flushing the old antifreeze from your radiator and filling it with new antifreeze.
The comprehensive service also includes checking, testing, and inspecting the following:
- Radiator coolant levels
- Radiator for antifreeze leaks or damage
- Air conditioner's interior vent temperature
- Heating and cooling system controls and blower
- Cooling system pressure compared to manufacturer specifications
- Air conditioner's pressure cap
- Compressor belt
How does heating and coolant service help my vehicle?
Vehicle fluid-exchange services may help:
- Since both your heat and air conditioner work off of the same coolant, flushing and filling your radiator's antifreeze keeps your engine running cooler and helps prevent overheating, freezing, and corrosion
- Over time the anticorrosion and lubricating properties in coolant begin to break down and allow potential engine-damaging rust, corrosion, and mineral deposits to form throughout the cooling system
How often should I flush and replace my coolant?
- Replacing your radiator's antifreeze coolant is considered basic maintenance and most manufacturers recommend you have your cooling system serviced annually
AIR CONDITIONING SERVICES/COOLING SYSTEM SERVICES
PARTS: 24 months or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first.
LABOR: 24 months or 24,000 miles, whichever comes first.
Exclusions apply; See Full Warranty Details