About This Service
Why is it important to replace my vehicle's belts and hoses?
Replacing belts and hoses at the first sign of wear helps avoid unexpected breakdowns and the engine damage that overheating can cause. More specifically:
- Leaking or ruptured coolant hose(s) can result in an overheated engine or a vehicle breakdown
- Power-steering hoses are critical to safe vehicle operation
- A broken or worn-out belt can leave your vehicle inoperable
Belt and hose service performed by the experts at Goodyear Tire & Service Network locations includes:
- A thorough visual inspection of all belts and hoses for evidence of wear or damage
- Replacement of all worn belts and hoses as needed
- Adjusting the fit of installed belts, hoses, and related components
How do I know when it's time to replace my belts and/or hoses?
Belts and hoses are critical parts of your engine and cooling system. To avoid problems, your hoses should be checked at every oil change. Belts generally need to be replaced every 30,000 - 60,000 miles (50,000 km - 100,000 km).
Signs that you should have your belts checked include:
- Cracks in the belt material
- Splitting, peeling or fraying belts
- You engine sounds like it's running rough or stalls out at a stop
- You hear knocking or pinging sounds when accelerating or after the ignition is turned off
- Your check-engine light remains on after your initial start
You should have your hoses checked if you notice any of the following:
- Bulging or inflated hoses
- Hardened or inflexible hose material
- Cracks along the hose
- Worn or corroded hose clamps