About This Transmission Service
A fluid exchange services performed by the service technicians at your local Goodyear Tire & Service Network location includes:
- Flush of the brake, power steering, antifreeze, engine oil, and transmission fluids
- Chemical cleaning of fuel system components
- Replacing all existing fluid with new fluid to proper levels
- Checking for cleanliness and leaks
Transmission Flush & Fluid Exchange: Common Questions
Why is it Important to Flush Fluids?
Over time, your vehicle's essential fluids, including transmission, brake, and power steering fluids, lose their ability to clean, cool, lubricate, and flow freely, potentially leading to problems such as transmission overheating and/or failure.
Why Will Flushing a Vehicle’s Fluids Help?
Performing regularly scheduled vehicle fluid exchange services may help:
- Improve vehicle performance
- Extend the life of your transmission
- Restore fuel-system efficiency for optimal fuel economy
- Reduce harmful emissions
- Prevent future costly fuel-system repairs
How Often Should Vehicle Fluids Be Serviced?
Brake fluid, power-steering fluid, and transmission fluid levels should be checked and topped off during every regularly scheduled oil change service. Additionally, fuel system flushes should generally be performed annually or every 15,000 miles (24,000 km) while automatic transmission fluid flushes are recommended every two years or 24,000 miles (40,000 km).
Signs a Vehicle May Need New Fluids
You may consider scheduling a fluid exchange service sooner if you notice any of the following:
- Fluid stains in your driveway or parking spot
- Frequent fluid top-offs required
- Dashboard warning lights come on