TIRE CARE & MAINTENANCE
Maintaining proper tire inflation pressure is the single most important things you can do to promote tire durability and prolong tread life.
- Underinflated tires are the leading cause of tire failure and may result in severe cracking or component separation.
- Tire over-inflation increases stiffness, which may deteriorate ride and generate unwanted vibration.
- Underinflation increases treadwear on the outer edges, and generates excessive heat, which can age tires faster
- Fuel economy is reduced as rolling resistance increases — soft tires make your vehicle work harder
- Too much air pressure causes the center tread to carry most of the car's weight, leading to faster deterioration and uneven wear
To find the proper air pressure for your tires, look in your vehicle's owner's manual, on the sticker on the driver's side doorjamb, or in the glove box.